Resources For Backpackers
As with any holiday you take, planning and research is a crucial step you should take before you’ve booked your flights and accommodation.
First, you need to decide on a destination, and then once you’ve booked your flight, you can take a closer look at the town or city you’ll be visiting. Once your accommodation has been found, you can start planning all the fun stuff you want to do and see during your holiday.
- Browse tickets for concerts, sport, and theatre at Ticketmaster and Ticketek
- View the MCG event calendar and see what’s on throughout the year
- See what’s happening at Federation Square
- Find out what’s on at the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV)
- View the gig guides on beat and moshtix
- Keep an eye out on upcoming festivals thanks to TimeOut
Jobs in Melbourne
Are you a backpacker travelling to Melbourne with the intention to seek out job opportunities? Or are you open to the idea of a little extra work to fund your trip? There is some important information you need to know! Learn more about Working Holiday and Work and Holiday visas in Australia (including your eligibility) in Urban Central’s resource, Jobs in Melbourne.
Backpackers Guide to Melbourne
Melbourne is great at any time of the year, so if you’re flexible with dates, check out each month and find the sorts of events that interest you. If you’ve already decided on the time of year, view the guide to find out the events that are on while you’re visiting Melbourne.
Melbourne is more than its events and expos. From hidden laneways, great shopping, and kitschy cafes to suave bars and hot nightclubs, you’ll never run out of things to do. Read our guide here.